Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Dayton during the colder seasons, when they’re needed the most to keep you warm. While you know the team at Jent Mechanical LLC will forever be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is needed and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to check if it turns on.
- If everything looks right, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Jent Mechanical LLC at 937-845-1111 and we’ll restore your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.