With warmer temps nearby, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at peak efficiency, it can cut a big amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could significantly heighten your costs and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Jent Mechanical LLC expert do air conditioning service
at least annually is key to keeping your system running at its best for a long time. He or she can ensure the unit is operating correctly and can identify potential problems prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your skilled air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and periodically throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during colder months. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could harm your system and leave you needing big repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area by your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they might inhibit airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any part of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or swapped out during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them each month and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have unique needs when it comes to air filter replacement, relying on things like owning house pets or having home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also make sure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you have a comfortable home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer offers. Give the pros at Jent Mechanical LLC a call at 937-845-1111.