As spring rolls around, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Dayton? Even if your cooling system is up-to-date or was cooling good last year.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new car and never expect to schedule any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioning. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving parts. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving components can fail.
Having your equipment checked yearly by a Jent Mechanical LLC tech can help locate little troubles before they turn into major meltdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your air conditioner is located outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly impact your unit’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, you should call a pro to service delicate internal pieces.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate inside your system can force it to work harder and decrease airflow. Both these troubles can lead to elevated energy consumption—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and may even help it work longer. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly electricity bill and over the long run, since you won’t have to replace your equipment as fast.
- It helps identify little issues before they become large, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will closely examine parts and complete a series of air conditioning performance verifications. These all-inclusive processes often allow us to find issues before they turn into major troubles that cause a pricey repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free cooling throughout the summer. After your AC is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is well-prepared to provide worry-free comfort. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this service, your equipment is at risk for advanced failure and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A good AC tune-up should involve an inspection and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC technician. Here’s some of the things we’ll do:
We’ll examine the following spots and components:
- Full system state
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the jobs we’ll finish:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lube moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Immediately with Jent Mechanical LLC
This week is the perfect time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Jent Mechanical LLC pros a ring at 937-845-1111 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we arrive at your home, make sure to check our special offers for savings on your next maintenance.