During the colder Dayton months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it does, a simple call to Jent Mechanical LLC will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should look for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Jent Mechanical LLC as soon as possible if you see any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be inspected by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is too small for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your utility bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Jent Mechanical LLC can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It may be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, call us and our team can help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Jent Mechanical LLC at 937-845-1111 or arrange an appointment with us online.