Having standard air conditioning service completed at least yearly can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at peak efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Dayton summertime, have the professionals at Jent Mechanical LLC perform your routine air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be finished during a proper air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Check for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if needed, look for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, reclaim any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, instead of illegally freeing it to the atmosphere.
- Inspect for efficient airflow through the system.
- Verify the right electric control sequence to make sure of proper sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Check the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters routinely is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help ensure your air conditioner continues to work at top efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should check it regularly. We recommend looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will depend on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Jent Mechanical LLC today at 937-845-1111.