Summer is upon us! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To enahance your comfort and truly relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Dayton is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Jent Mechanical LLC always recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner running this season.
- First, another chance to recall the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter regularly! Replace it in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the winter. Running your air conditioner before removing the cover can seriously damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s functionality. Trim the grass, remove any debris and eliminate overgrowth that blocks your unit before you turn it on this summer. Be sure to check the area at least monthly to keep it open and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you want it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These easy steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If it’s time to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Jent Mechanical LLC in Dayton at 937-845-1111 today.